Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year; New Me

Welcome 2015!

I am super excited you have arrived.

No really, I am.

I expect 2015 to be a transitional year for me and my family. I know 2014 was certainly that and with the known changes I have coming, I am excited to see how things go. Last year I quit my job and became a stay-at-home mom and homeschooling teacher to my son. He was experiencing such difficulty in school that we opted to pull him for a year and see how it goes. Next year, he returns to public school and starts high school. I return to the actual work force.

I have been working on building my confidence this past year and while I still experience many highs and lows with it, I have felt better about myself than I have in a long time. I'm not sure what the driving force for that is, but I like it!

I have also started a new program to get my home under control. I tried the FlyLady thing, but that just doesn't work for me. So now, I am following Home Storage Solutions Declutter 365 program. I am hoping that by taking the baby steps that FlyLady has taught me and pairing it with decluttering I will see some decent progress. I hate having so much stuff! I don't need this stuff and what I do need I have to find a better way to store it.

I am also on the way to better physical health. I am a small person. I don't weigh very much and I have a low BMI, however, I can't hold anything with weight for any amount of time and I can't do anything that involves any cardio expense. Therefore, I am working out again. I should never have stopped, but I did and my diet went to pot. Not the best options.

Now, in the past, I have scoffed at New Year's Resolutions because I don't think that you have to have a new year to start doing something. That being stated, this year just feels different. I woke up feeling differently. I am working on myself to make me a better wife, mother, and friend. Three things that I know I need to work on. I have always been bad about taking care of me. This year that is over! I will conquer the crazy within and become the amazing person that I know I can be.

Hey, you know what? I'm pretty awesome.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: